Welcome to the Informed Leaders Research Index. This is a resource we have promised to political decision makers and business leaders to help them quickly and easily find relevant research and data which has been independently researched/produced, peer reviewed and published. There is already a significant body of research around these topics, and our aim is to ensure that key decision makers have easy access to it.
See the list of topics below. Some include a handy “explainer” at the top of the page, if you are pressed for time. We have endeavoured to keep repetition of research to a minimum, except for in a few instances where key papers, documents or articles are of high relevance in more than one section of this index.
This index has been compiled by senior researchers and academics in New Zealand, independent of any funding or external influence. It includes peer reviewed research, both New Zealand focussed and international where relevant, plus also links to reports and relevant media coverage. It is an evolving resource which we will continue to update. Please email us here with any suggestions.
Click through to the appropriate section
- The big picture – the challenge of climate change and aviation emissions (click here)
- Aotearoa’s tourism sector grapples with sustainability (click here)
- The aviation industry’s biggest challenge (click here)
- “Low carbon aviation”: aviation efficiency and technology myths (click here)
- Aviation: moral arguments and climate equity (click here)
- Policy considerations to reduce carbon emissions (click here)
- Infrastructure trajectories with positive long term outcomes (click here)
- Behavioural and attitudinal change to reduce emissions (click here)
- Economic consequences of (in)action on climate change (click here)
If you believe anything needs amending, updating or adding in to the index, please email us here.
- Index updated 2 August 2023
- Index updated substantially 30 June 2023
- Index version 1.0 published 21 April 2023